As of 25th November you can lodge your expression of interest for the new Visa 491.
The subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional Visa enables eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas in Australia for 5 years. It requires state nomination or sponsorship by an eligible family member in a designated regional area.
- Have an occupation on the QSOL list
- Living and working (full-time post-qualification, minimum 35 hrs per week) in REGIONAL QLD in your nominated occupation for the past 3 months immediately prior to EOI submission (6 months for 190)
- Provide evidence of ongoing employment with a QLD employer registered in Australia for a further 12 months in a REGIONAL area (minimum 35 hrs per week)
- Commit to living and working in QLD for 3 years from visa grant (2 years for 190)
Note: Regional areas are: Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Sunshine Coast, Canberra Newcastle/ Lake Macquarie, Wollongong/ Illawarra Geelong (excludes Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne)
Home Affairs Requirements:
- Have 65 test points or higher
- Have a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
- Be under 45 years old
- Have competent English
- 15 points for nomination by a family member or a regional part of a state or territory
- 10 points for Masters or Ph.D. level Australian qualification in specific areas (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics – STEM). This change is driven by the importance of STEM skills to Australia’s ongoing innovation and economic success.
- 10 partner points, if one of the following applies:
- You have a skilled partner that is under 45 years old, obtains a positive skill assessment in a job on the same shortage list as you and has Competent English
- You are single
- You have a partner who is an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen
- 5 points if your partner can demonstrate Competent English. (Can be over 45 years old and does not need to work in a skilled occupation)
Sponsorship by an eligible relative (must be approved before being granted a visa)
They must be:
- 18 years old or older
- usually resident in a designated area of Australia
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- be your or your partner’s eligible relative
- Must review BSMQ criteria and Australian Department of Home Affairs based on your circumstances to confirm eligibility
- Check that your chosen occupation is on the Queensland Skilled Occupation List
- Must submit a BRAND NEW EOI from 25 November (any EOI before will not be considered)
For more Visa updates click here https://migration.qld.gov.au/
Contact your local AMET Education Offices at https://amet.com.au/contact-us/ for more information and we can help you check whether you can apply for the new 491 Visa today!!!