At a glance of James Cook University (JCU)
-JCU was founded in 1970 as the second university in Queensland
-The number of students approximately 11,500 in total, more than 1,500 are international students
-JCU currently has six campuses with different majors, the main campus is located in Townsville
Your dreams begin at JCU
- Rankings and reputations of JCU
-Top 30 of Modern Universities
-Top 250 Universities in the world
– top-quality teaching, learning and research that delivers practical advantages to society, industries and the environment worldwide
-5 Stars awards in student support, learning engagement, skill development, undergraduate job success and social equity (The Good Universities Guide 2021)
- Graduates are loved by companies
-Best network communication
–The employment success rate of its graduates has been rated as a 5-star (Good Universities Guide)
– The top Queensland university for postgraduate full-time employment and starting salary (Australia’s authoritative tertiary education guide)
- Good level of scientific research
– Excellence is deeply imbedded in JCU’s research fields, includes marine technology, marine biology and tropical areas
-The teaching quality of JCU is superb, and its research in 38 fields has been recognized globally and above the world standard
-83% of JCU’s research fields ,38 of the 46 research fields assessed, were rated world-class or above (Excellence in Research for Australia)
-JCU received well above world standard in 8 research areas:
Of the 38 fields of research in which JCU is rated world class or above, the University received the highest possible rating (“well above world standard”) in 8 research areas:
- Environmental science and management
- Ecological applications
- Plant biology
- Medical microbiology
- Fisheries sciences
- Organic chemistry
- Advanced facilities for research and education
Due to its geographical, the tropical and natural research and education are well-developed. The students have an opportunity to explore the oldest rainforest worldwide from JCU’s canopy crane and Daintree Rainforest Observatory.
Would you like to know more about James Cook University? What’s the popular courses in 2021? Don’t miss out our next newsletter and visit AMET SIRA website, we will explore more about JCU!
AMET SIRA (Study In Regional Australia) & Migration Expo provides excellent education and employment opportunities.
- Course and Scholarship updates
- Free Migration Advice
- $1,000 SIRA Study Grant
We invite you to join us in our fabulous AMET SIRA webinars in the next eight weeks. Please kindly find AMET SIRA weekly activity schedule in the following image.
Scan QR code and register from http://tiny.cc/0vpbtz
Thank you for continuing support our AMET SIRA event.
James Cook University (n.d.), Study at James Cook University, Retrieved 7 March 2021, from https://www.gooduniversitiesguide.com.au/course-provider/james-cook-university-jcu