Several $15,000 per year scholarships! Hobart ranked among the world’s best cities!!
DESTINATION AUSTRALIA SCHOLARSHIPS
Tasmania Tafe is thrilled to be offering international students destination scholarships for courses starting in February 2020!!
Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government with the aim of attracting more international students and high performing Australian students looking to undertake education and training opportunities into regional areas, such as Tasmania.
- The scholarships are valued at $15,000 per academic year
- First round applications are NOW OPEN!!!
- Successful applicants will be commencing studies in early 2020
Applications for programs commencing in Jan/Feb will close on 20th December
All applicants will be contacted by email about the outcome.
Successful applicants will also be contacted by phone and be given a date by which they must accept or decline the offer.
Scholarships offered for international students in 2020:
MEM40412 Diploma of Engineering (Technical) (Clarence Campus)
MSL50118 Diploma of Laboratory Technology (Campbell Street)
SIT60316 Advanced Diploma Hospitality Management (Drysdale Hobart)
SIT60116 Advanced Diploma Travel and Tourism (Drysdale Hobart)
Students are to submit their application and required documentation to GETI. They will be sent a link to an international student scholarship application form to ensure that only eligible students can apply.
The following conditions apply:
- Scholarships are not transferrable to other TasTAFE campuses, or other educational/ training institutions
- You must remain enrolled at the TasTAFE campus the scholarship is offered at
- You must maintain ongoing residency in a regional area for the duration of the scholarship. If you are successful you will be asked to provide evidence of your home location e.g. utilities’ bills, rates, rental notice etc.
- You must be engaged and maintaining required study load/academic achievement
- Cannot hold concurrently another scholarship with a Destination Australia Scholarship
- Allow plenty of time to submit your application – don’t leave it to the last minute!
- Prepare your personal statement in word and then copy and paste into the online application – this allows you to think and prepare, without rushing the process
- Make sure you proofread your application – if possible, ask family or friends to read it
- Submit any other supporting documentation you think will support your application eg. academic awards
Tasmania is world famous for its gourmet food. A commercial cookery hospitality management qualification allows students to develop and demonstrate diverse skills and knowledge in Hospitality and Cookery Management. As a leader in hospitality training, TasTAFE, through its prestigious Drysdale centre of excellence, have designed a specialised Commercial Cookery course to prepare students for a rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
Hobart is home to Australia’s fastest growing hospitality industry, which will see 22 new hotels and more than 1000 new jobs by 2022.
Students will train alongside highly experienced professional chefs in fully equipped professional kitchens and gain further workplace skills by completing placements with our industry partners, including leading Tasmanian restaurants.
To achieve the Diploma in Hospitality Management, the Certificate III and the Certificate IV level qualifications must be completed first.
This qualification provides the skills and the knowledge for an individual to be competent as a qualified cook. Work could be undertaken in various hospitality enterprises where food is prepared and served. Employment opportunities include small businesses, larger hotels, restaurants, cafes, hospitals, commercial catering operations, and event caterers in the following areas:
- Professional Cook /Chef
- Executive Chef
- Catering Manager
- Restaurant Owner /Operator
- Duration 94 Weeks
- Total Cost $31 400
- Location: Hobart
- Intakes: February and July
Due to great demand in 2019, TasTAFE’s Commercial Cookery course will be greatly expanded and therefore Commercial Cookery will now be available in Launceston and an extra class added in Hobart.
For more information on courses at TasTAFE, click here https://study.tas.gov.au/study/tastafe/
Contact AMET Education
Phone: 1800 735 357